Friday 15 March 2013

Foreign legion

After a week of disjointed sleep, constant sweating and a cough which has given me abs of steel, I finally went to hospital.

Being the middle east I really didn't want to, I've heard things as you'd expect and not just once or twice. It just got to the point where I no longer had a choice.

I didn't quite know what to expect, but in the end it was all quite efficient. I'd go to one help desk, pay, be sent upstairs, see a nurse, another help desk, pay, see the doctor, be sent downstairs, x-ray, help desk, pay, back upstairs, doctor, script, back downstairs, pharmacy, pay, get drugs.

It was all pretty quick and painless, except on my wallet. Though I do have legionaires desease. Lucky.

One thing I like about it though is that you can't blame Finland. That's what everyone has been trying to do since I became sick and I have heavily refuted it. I didn't even learn the word for sick while I was there, it couldn't possibly be Finland. Finland is all cuddles.

No I probably picked it up off a dodgy air conditioner which given the fact we literally live under them 23 hours a day here isn't so peculiar. Just inevitable given my immune system has always behaved like a blind batsman.

I see my immune system like the most polite and gullible man alive.

*KNOCK KNOCK* "Oh hello." "Hello Sir, might we come in, we'd like to wreck your house." "Oh really? Is that good for it?" *Shifty look* "Yes, yes it is." "Oh well come in then.. right yes, no need to wipe your feet."

In fact it may just simply forego the conversation entirely, open the door and lie down where the doormat would be.

Sometimes I feel like if I am ever going to experience old age it will have to be inside a bubble, on an island, up a mountain, on the moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment