Friday 12 April 2013

Bones

12 ice hockey games, 4 days, ahh my itchakafootchi.

Day off today and I am spending it laid out on the floor simply being aware of myself. The soreness joins the dots with the stiffness and I think that's what's holding me together.

It's been a great tournament to be a part of and the hockey has been of a high quality. Aside from cheering on the New Zealand team, I think my entire production crew has developed a soft spot for the Hungarian team. They've played well, but they also came and gave us hugs and a present - we'll be shamelessly cheering them on for the gold medal come Sunday against Italy. nzihl.tv

The other big thing in my life right now is the NZ Comedy Festival, you could call it the elephant in the room, but that would make the other elephants feel insecure about their size.

It's looming extremely large and having returned to New Zealand now realise just how big it is. Looking at it from the middle east it didn't seem quite so imposing, but I should realised that even being able to spot it on the horizon from that distance was some kind of clue to its ballooning importance.

I've sold exactly no tickets and fair cop as there's precious little to back that up right now. My challenge over the next couple of weeks is to change that.

Now I could go and cry to my friends and family, prostrating myself on the floors of their homes, weeping endlessly and ruining their carpet OR I could look at this as an opportunity to pull a great stunt.

I haven't done a stunt in a while and with the IIHF tournament ending I will have some time on my hands to try and make it work. The goal of course will be to get myself into the media, into the public eye and hopefully generate enough sales to deflate a substantial loss. Otherwise I may as well just stand in front of the venue owners, festival organisers and ticketing agents huffing wads of dollars in their faces with a weak ineffectual throw.

So here's me with two weeks to turn around what currently looks like an unmitigated disaster into enjoyable evening for all with yours truly. http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/Shows/Show.aspx?sh=JEZBROWN13#.UWjpebU0eSo 

No comments:

Post a Comment