Monday 15 April 2013

Soaked

Filming the IIHF tournament was a rip roaring success. We put 15 games out into the ether and only had a handful of Hungarian stalkers come back. I'm putting that in the win column.

In the "I'm ready to start believing in God if my arse can somehow be saved from the fire" column is my show in the comedy festival.

Every now and again I'll be working on a project and the "can go wrong, will go wrong" curse will take hold. It's a blessing, but it's mostly a curse. It forces me to think outside the box and fix problems others deem unfixable. I assume this pre-determined life experience is preparing me for some greater purpose such as single handedly holding off the attack of a gigantic mining vessel so the shuttles and my newly born child can escape.

Certainly the original concept of the show resembles a boat on fire, but that's not to say the sexy Mexicans can't be rescued.

In fact at this very moment I am bundling supplies into a sack and launching a campaign to save myself. Admittedly I may need to put on a whale costume and pretend to be stuck in some ice, but if I can sway the weight of public support behind me then I'm next to certain I can sell 8, maybe even 11 tickets.

The sad fact is I need to sell 180 tickets and no amount of flailing about in the Wellington harbour attracting unsolicited interspecies relations is going to do it.

I can't say it'll be a total loss though, if we speak purely in un-monetary terms. I will get a private audience with the band and the band ain't bad  http://mattmulholland.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment