Tuesday 12 February 2013

8-Ball

The last 3 days of work have been pretty full on what with the Pope quitting, North Korea blowing stuff up and me running to the toilet every other moment of the day. I've fallen way behind with all the extra bits and pieces I'd like to get done.

I'm half way through my tour of duty, so the things I need to sort out before I head home are starting to loom large.

I have the next 3 days off and will be trying to claw back the time that has gotten away from me. I had been planning on looking at some more desert, but I suppose total lock down in my hotel room is about the same level of stimulation.

The biggest hassle are the advertising sales for the ice hockey which are nigh on impossible to take care of from the other side of the world. You can send out all the proposals you like, but if you can't get on the phone you're boned.

Also creeping up is the comedy festival which requires some loving and spirited attention. It'll be funny regardless, but I'd really like to land some A-list festival comedians for the show so I can satisfy my own curiosity and hear some good stories from abroad.

Who I manage to get will largely determine how I tailor the shows, but I'm already fizzing away about the left field elements which have me giggling at my desk. I'm being caught frequently and those moments go about exactly as awkwardly as you'd expect. Still, looking at the positives, my suspected mentalness doesn't encourage people to come in my door and therefore keeps my workload down.

More time to write this festival press release!

Dear Santa,

this is my New Zealand Comedy Festival press release, in it I'd like to be funny so that people in the media write stories about me or at the very least seem threatening enough to make people come to the show fearing repercussions.

If it's not too much to ask, please make this so and I'd also like an original Blurr transformer from the 1980's. Preferably the 'targetmaster' version which I never purchased from DEKA and have always regretted.

Yours Truly

Jez Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment