Wednesday 20 February 2013

Tights

I've been at pains to find someone to go to the wrestling with me. Noone has been keen and while I'm understanding, I am no less disappointed.

Today in a bit of a panic and on the verge of giving up, I asked a girl from work who hails from Tennessee to join me and despite my sleep deprived exuberant state, she agreed.

Now to me this makes total sense, redneck blood flows through her veins and rednecks love wrestling. Except I haven't really slept in 36 hours, read this totally wrong, she doesn't like wrestling and probably felt pressured to agree to come. The magic pixies all around me probably don't exist either.

On reflection I now realise I'm going on a date. A rather unexpected date which will be equal parts awkward. Not least of all because I am a ming and she really doesn't want to go.

The hilarious part is she probably took pity on me and thinks I'm interested in her, so looking at this from her perspective, it couldn't really be any better. A date with a minger she doesn't like, who's every utterance will be perceived as a come on, at an event she doesn't want to be at.

Perfect!

I give this agreed excursion every chance of falling through before Friday and believe the odds are firmly stacked in favour of her pulling the pin FOR ANY CONCEIVABLE REASON, closely followed by a flimsy reason, then a genuine but lame reason and finally a real reason.

Should we actually go together, there may be a chance of showers or hell freezing over, just a heads up.

I think the most likely scenario involves giving her ticket to my indian taxi driver and enjoying an evening of broken english and men in tights. The less awkward of the two potential evenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment