Wednesday 13 February 2013

Promises

I don't eat McDonald's where I can help it. Over the years I've annoyed almost everyone with my insistence not to eat it. Groans in the van when our old band was touring were commonplace.

I've softened a bit over the last year, no longer threatening to sulk on the sidewalk outside, but partaking in this culinary culdesac so as not to cause a fuss when no other options are available.

And I made a promise. A promise to try the McDonald's here and report back. Today I kept that promise.

Now I'm no expert, I usually have the Fillet O Fish, so any comparison will be completely flawed. Indeed rendered almost completely useless by my insistence on choosing an item which I have never seen on the New Zealand menu, the Chicken Big Mac.



And gawd it was awful. Not only rubbery and limp, but a nightmare to try and contain. The mess I made as buns and fillets refused to cooperate made the children around me seem like skilled technicians in their art.

All in all I give it a 'never again/10'

No comments:

Post a Comment