Saturday 12 January 2013

A real pal

You know you've got a true friend when they ring you half a world away to listen to a concert you're not at.

When I picked up the phone at work to hear an incredibly garbled version of Weezer's 'My Name Is Jonas' I actually choked up a bit.

Sitting in my suite, I mouthed along in silence, but with all the vigour as if I was there with everybody else. A couple of tears rolled down my cheeks and I felt like I was part of it.

Naturally I'm pretty glad none of my colleagues caught me like that with my emotional pants down, but that moment was very special to me.

It also inspired a musical trip down memory lane as I dug out 80 tracks from the 90's from 80 bands which weren't the usual punk rock fare I was listening to at the time, but all the other songs from other bands which I could remember off the top of my head.

If you're friends with me on facebook, go have a look. If you're not, I'm sorry Mum, but it's just not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment