Tuesday 29 January 2013

The good, the bad and the taxis

The good: I paid off my beast of a loan and am almost debt free. That's a huge payment coming out of my bank account every week GONE and I can breathe a big financial sigh of relief.

Also my buddy and I found a crappy cricket set at the supermarket and found a field to play in. Had some non-english speaking sorts join in and the local Arabs were glued to our bizarre antics. I will be sore tomorrow, but it was totally worth it.

The bad: I can't find a cheap ukulele here.

The taxis: Are making me lose the plot. I actually find myself walking a lot more places because I don't want to deal with them. Every last one of the bastards tries to rip you off and it is incredibly draining.

It makes me feel bad because I know these guys are in a stink position, working for stink companies for rubbish pay. They actually have to rent their cars by the day from the taxi company and it ain't cheap. But constantly pushing the boundaries of reality because I look like a dummy really is getting old.





No comments:

Post a Comment