Saturday 26 January 2013

Honeymoon

The honeymoon is over, the culture shock has passed and the awe has faded.

Life here in the middle east has now settled in to a routine and the drudgery of my daily existence is as dull as at any other point in my life.

The difference here are the things I'm not doing. I'm not cooking meals, I'm not cleaning, I'm not playing sport.. I just work and eat and sleep with a robotic monotony.

It's efficient, time passes quickly and it's taken a month to realise I am existing in a bubble.

To break the shackles I must search for adventure and nothing is more adventurous than searching for a bottle of "Head & Shoulders" in an Arab capital.

For today I must not only conquer the monotony of my existence, but a dry, itchy scalp caused by the dry arid nature of the desert.

At least now I know where all this sand came from.


No comments:

Post a Comment