Monday 21 January 2013

Fiverr

I am addicted to Fiverr.com. The silly person inside me cannot get enough of this website.

The basic gist is you pay people $5 to do whatever you want. People promote themselves via different categories and you pick and choose as you see fit. Over the last week I've probably spent in the region of $60-70 on a real melee of obtuse requests.

I've ordered 4 separate pictures of a sealion stuck in a giraffe's bottom for a friend. Mostly because we could find no such image on the internet. I just sit back and imagine the look on the faces of the artists when that request arrives in their inbox. Then the looks of the faces of the people in the gallery when I hold an exhibition of these creative works.

I tried to pick artists with really different styles, so it should be quite a good exhibition.

As well as fooling around, I also tried my luck at getting some other design work done. Stuff I'd been trying to convince talented friends to do for me for ages.. but who saw me coming and declined my offers through sprint training.

The results are hit and miss, but what do you expect for $5! Given time to trawl through the huge abundance of people offering their wares, you can find gold and I've found most people really easy to deal with even if English is their second or third language.

The fact is I'm getting fiddly work done for next to nothing that I either couldn't do or don't have time to do myself. Productivity win! Except for the hours I spend trawling through accounts laughing to myself about the retarded pranks I can play on people.

I'd be ordering every Hello Kitty hand crochet'd hat I could get my hands on if postage wasn't so damned expensive from the USA. What is with that US Postal Service? I tried to order an NHL sweatshirt the other day and baulked at the additional US$80 in postage. You America, just lost yourself a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment