Tuesday 1 January 2013

Technophobe

I am still uncertain if blogging is the right way to go. If there was a point to it I'd feel like that would be to live in the past some time in the future or so my Mum doesn't worry. Hence the title.

Of course my Mum is a massive technophobe and will probably rear up like a frightened stallion at having to type a URL into a computer. That's if the computer survives the turning on process without being smashed against a wall and blamed for humanities ills, or my sister doesn't break down in a convulsing weeping heap at having to explain what a web browser is for the millionth time.

I bought my Mum a smart phone for Christmas and despite her assertions that she will never learn to use it, I think she is doing pretty well. I can tell because the device has yet to be smashed, crushed or flushed, or indeed locked in an impenetrable draw in a room no one dares enter.

My Mum is even on twitter and you can follow her here @jezsmum. I'm trying to encourage her to tweet her rage out in a cathartic process which will result in much mirth and hilarity. She's not on twitter just to entertain however, she's there to follow me and my misadventures in the middle east. Upon hearing that I would be taking up a 3 month contract here, my Mum astutely pointed out that I can't possibly go because I might get some horrible disease like "diarrhoea forever". I suppose I find this most funny because A: it was the most horrible disease she could think of and B: pretty horrible when you think about it.

I think my Mum would be concerned about me travelling to any country that isn't made up predominantly of pillows and kittens, so to ease her anguish I will be tweeting and occasionally blogging.

Also watch this it made me spurt drink out my nose for the first time in years, though this one is more funny 

No comments:

Post a Comment