Thursday 31 January 2013

Colonel

Some people care about what my work is like, whether I'm safe, but mostly people seem to ask about what the food is like.. not the local food, but the fast food.

Yes the #1 question on a lot of peoples minds is whether McDonald's is the same. But I thought I would be more daring and throw more caution to the dietary wind by paying a visit to KFC.

In all honesty the biggest difference I noticed was the price, it's a lot cheaper here. You can get things off the menu for around NZ$1. I spent $7.


The fries are shoe strings here, unsurprisingly it works.


That's no burger, that's my roll baby! You can see the chicken looks much the same, but it's not as dripping with grease. The skin is a slightly different recipe and seems healthier.


This was the biggest difference. Potato and gravy didn't come standard with the meals and I couldn't swap it out. I had to buy it separately and it was comparatively more expensive than everything else. It was pretty different from what we have in New Zealand, for one they use REAL potatoes and appear to be a kind of sweet potato. Certainly not the same as home, but totally delicious and again probably healthier.

I did not try the coleslaw, but that's my life choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment