Wednesday 16 January 2013

Expecting

Crazy news, but I'm going to be a Dad!

This is Scabies the cat which lives in the carpark and she is preeeeggggnant.



I don't know if her name is really Scabies, but that's what I call her. I've asked other people here what her name is, but noone knows. They all seem to feed and pat her though, so maybe I'll just keep her little pet name to myself so I don't put people off.

She's a funny little thing, quite friendly and likes to sleep against the automatic doors.



Only thing is I haven't seen her the last couple of days, so I suspect I am now a father! Not the kittens real Dad of course, unless the kittens are all bald, then questions will be asked, but I'm happy to support my new family.

I actually wonder where Scabies met the kittens real father given the vast expanse of the carpark which itself sits inside a barren cityscape within the desert. I guess it was just meant to be.

The cats here really are odd looking things, quite different from the ones we have in New Zealand. I never really thought about that before, but the kitteh population here must be reasonably isolated and sure enough have their own characteristics.



I just hope Scabies and our kittens are ok. I suspect she will show up skinny sometime in the next couple of days looking for food, then show up with kittens in toe in about 6 weeks. I can't wait to name them!

No comments:

Post a Comment