Sunday 6 January 2013

Pumping it out

I spent my second day off getting a lot of hockey paperwork done. Despite sitting on my arse in my hotel room, today was very productive.

In addition to ticking off a hundred other things, I also got to watch the Phantom Menace in Arabic, which actually improved it.

It amazes me how much little Anakin reminds me of my nephew, now I know what to dress him up as for parties. Though on second thought that might be a little cruel given how deeply shaken we've all been by the Phantom Menace. He can be a little Wampa instead.

It's good to get so much hockey work done, I've got some good plans in place and can't wait to see them come to fruition. I even had time to write some fun little promos. I think I'll spend an extra week in Auckland after the IIHF tournament in April and get them made.

I like that ice hockey lends itself to good humour, writing funny little promos is a real joy for me and the more I make, the merrier I'll be.

Also cool to hear the NHL will be back soon, though why they took the fans for granted is anyone's guess. Not that the Americans seem to care, but it does hurt the game worldwide. I'm just glad there will be some hockey from North America to lead into the season's down under.

I also got a bunch of editing done today, but boy I can't wait to hire someone else to do it. My youtube channel ticked over to 70,000 views today which is a nice pat on the back, but also doubles as a kick up the arse. I just have so much content I haven't been able to get finished and that bums me out.

2013 is all about further streamlining workflows and turnaround times, getting me out of the edit suite and into more management roles to increase output and keep my energy up.

I think tomorrow's the day to try and tap the cash here in the middle east. Maybe I can jack up a fun working relationship with an Arab mad man! I can imagine the promos now.

1 comment:

  1. did you find the Arab mad man yet?
    sounds like you are having fun!
    Arthur Of Ballance,
    Whakaruru.

    ReplyDelete