Sunday 20 January 2013

Groundhog Kim

Working in news can be a bit samey. You see the same pictures and do the same stories year after year. As exciting as it may seem sometimes, people are incredibly predictable and there is a real routine to news.

You may not notice at home. I however cut the same story about the servals being taken for a walk at Wellington Zoo four times in four years. "Oh, it's April" I'd think.

It's like that with everything and no different on the other side of the world. Sometimes the protagonists change, but the stories remain the same.

In a rather surreal moment today I was working on the adventures of Kim Dotcom, except despite being in the middle east I was cutting pictures shot by my old company in New Zealand in my last days of working for them.

For a moment I had no idea where I was!

"Kirk to Enterprise, I'm.. surrounded by a.. new environment.. the.. surroundings.. are, different.. but.. ..feel, so familiar.. I..... don't know if this is Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment