Tuesday 1 January 2013

Nice avocation

I've decided blogging is quite a nice avocation because no one can complain and very few people care in the first place. It's a refreshing change from the rigours of expectation thrust upon me in the world of television and comedy. Though some would argue that my energy would be better spent working on those pursuits.

The prior paragraph taking some time to take shape as I corrected and recorrected myself, at pains to simply allow the words the freedom they should have and admonishing myself for wanting to nitpick and edit for feel and flow. I want my thoughts to simply find the page and be as honest as possible, but it's not easy to be so easy going when you're used to scrambling for crumbs of kindness in industries which are up you sideways with an arm full of deckchairs if you ever put a hair out of line.

*Gold star for anyone who can name that reference.

I suppose a little part of me is thinking about that right now because it's my first day of work tomorrow. While I know I will probably dominate like a tiger in a baby seal enclosure, some part of me still thinks I'll be the one to knock a fanta over the control panel or make all the buttons fall off.

In the highly unlikely event of a catastrophic loss of signal tomorrow, just remember it's my first day and we all have them.

Hand's up who's ever heard me use the word "avocation" in a sentence before. I think I pinched it from a Cake song.




2 comments:

  1. You've definitely never used avocation in a sentence before, who are you and where is Jez Brown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tigers and baby seals? What happened to the giraffes?

    ReplyDelete